How far in advance should I place an order?
Typically 1-2 weeks is enough lead time for any custom cake or large order.
What is a tart cake and will I like it?
I may be biased but it might just be the best dessert you've ever had.
It is a fruit tart with a soft cookie layer and whipped frosting.
How do I store my tart cake for later enjoyment?
All tart cakes need to be kept refrigerated until ready to eat. It is okay to be left out
in a cool and dry environment for a couple of hours for service only.
How do I cut my chocolate chip cookie cake?
Best to cut with a serrated knife, or divide by layer.
How much are your tart cakes?
All tart cakes are between $8-9/serving.
We charge per serving, not per letter or shape since all numbers,
letters and shapes are different sizes.
There is no "standard size" but there is a typical minimum of 15 servings.
Do I need to keep macarons in the fridge?
If you will be enjoying them the same day, you can leave them on the counter.
If you'd like to hold them for the next day they can be stored in the fridge in their container. Or if you have loads of self-control you can store them in the freezer.
Wrap the container in plastic, but make sure to bring them to room
temperature before eating.
What is a serving?
A serving size is a portion of treats that one person would consume.
Why did my cake crack?
As our cakes sit in refrigeration they absorb moisture and sometimes crack
on the edges. This doesn't change or affect the taste at all. We always recommend picking your cake up the day of your event to help keep from splitting.
Do you deliver?
For small orders, we suggest ordering through our affiliate GrubHub.
Deliveries are $1.50/mile roundtrip.
The Cookie Shop Order Contract
1. A non-refundable deposit of 50% is required to place an order and secure your date. If your booking is less than 14 days away, a full payment is necessary to secure your date. Deposits can be made through PayPal. The remaining balance, if any, is due by 8am the day of pick-up or delivery.
2. After pick-up or delivery the customer assumes full responsibility for care and condition of the order. Specific instructions will be given on how to care for and store order upon pick-up or delivery. The Cookie Shop is not responsible for any damages to order once picked up or delivered.
3. If delivery is to a venue in which the customer will not be present at the time of delivery, the condition of the cake will be documented at time of delivery and person receiving the order will have to sign off on the current condition of the order. Once the cake is delivered The Cookie Shop is no longer liable for the damages to the order by customer, guest, caterer, venue, or any other persons not employed by The Cookie Shop.
4. Customer assumes all liability and responsibility for making sure the invoice information is all accurate and valid. As well as assuring all non-edible décor including but not limited to silk flowers are not consumed. Silk flowers should be removed before the cake is cut and served.
5. In the event you need to cancel your order with less than 14 days’ notice, the 50% non-refundable deposit is forfeited. This includes, covid related illnesses, unforeseen weather, and cancelations beyond our control.
6. In the event of unforeseen circumstances that prevent The Cookie Shop from fulfilling the order, the customer will be entitled to a full refund.
7. No changes or adjustments can be made within 7 days of pick-up.
DISCLAIMER: This contract is not valid or binding until the deposit or full payment is received. By paying the deposit you are agreeing to all of the terms and conditions in this contract.